Followers

Saturday, November 11, 2017

Warm Woolen Mittens.....

Hello everyone: Well, I have yet another Christmas card to add to my stash, believe me, I have more than enough but, you never know if I will have a last minute request from my family for a card for a teacher or friend. I will link this card to a few challenges at the end of this post.


This image is from a Power Poppy set called Bough Wow Wow, love this cozy and warm looking mittens.  I stamped the image on Strathmore watercolor paper with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossed it, I really line the outline of the melted embossing powder to add color because it stays in place without running to the next section. I used SU markers to color the image.  The sentiment is from another Power Poppy set called Merry Littles, love the little images on it.  The embossing folder is from SU and it's called Pretty Paisleys, which is on sale right now, I love it. 
I added 4 brads to the corners from my stash.

***************************************************************** 
I always finish the inside of my cards, saves a lot of time when I mail them and they look nicely finished, believe me, it's worth the few extra minutes.


The sentiment is from the Ponsettia set from Power Poppy, the mitten from Merry Littles.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

Merry Monday. Use Kraft card stock and the color RED. 

Daring Cardmakers "Warm Woolen Mittens"

Craft Rocket Challenge #43 "Christmas is Coming" 

C.R.A.F.T Challenge #441 "Winter"


Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

8 comments:

Sonny P. said...

So warm and fuzzy ! Your mittens are too cute ! Plus the colors are delightful !

Patti Willey said...

I'm already wearing Mittens. Sad that Fall has to be done with I really could have enjoyed it longer! Love your mittens here! Love the fuzzy snowballs too really Wintery!

Colleen said...

Maria you have made a delightful card with the Power Poppy stamp, I have that one also, and those mittens just bring it to life! Beautifully colored! Thank you for playing along with us this week at Merry Monday!

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

This is beautiful! I love how you coloured this gorgeous stamp! Thanks for playing with us at Merry Monday.

Unknown said...

Maria,
I love your coloring on those beautiful mittens. Thank you for joining us over at Merry Monday.

Mary Fish said...

cozy cuteness!

Angelnorth said...

Lovely cosy mitten image and great colouring! Love the warmth of the kraft, too. Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

Alex said...
This comment has been removed by the author.