Followers

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

A Little Reminder.....

Hello everyone: It's the half way point on THE FLOWER CHALLENGE #4, where we had the fabulous and talented Therese Calvird from LOST IN PAPER as our Guest Designer for this month and we asked you to join us in the gallery by CASEing her beautiful card.  She has a video on her blog where she shows how she made it so be sure to stop by.
Here is a picture of her card, followed by my CASE reminder card.
lostinpaper-mft-because-you-memory-box-gorgeous-gardenia-outline-card-video-2


This delicate die is from Memory Box and it's called  Pennington Rose Corner Die.  I die cut a piece of white card stock and then, placed the negative over my card base to calculate where I needed to add the color using sponge daubers and distress inks in Pickled Raspberry and Shabby Shutters then, glued the negative onto my card base followed by the die cut. 
Now, I've come to the realization that I only have maybe 5 or 6 sentiment word dies, one with the word LOVE is part of a Christmas set, the other ones were not really suitable for this card so, I was in a bind trying to figure out what to do.  I have an old Cricut machine that I bought years and years ago as a kit when this cutting machines first came out, it has 2 cartridges with sentiments and figures but, I lost the manual and really didn't use it all that much so, I just packed it up and forgot about it.  But I needed a sentiment so I went to my basement and grabbed this dusty old thing hoping it will still work. Well, it does but the blade is as dull as a butter knife and the sticky sheet not to sticky anymore so I had to improvise, I had even forgotten how to use it, sheeesh!! But with the help of Google I found the directions and, well.....to make an already long story short and after a few failed attempts, having to use scotch tape to hold the card stock to the "sticky" sheet, I was able to cut 3 sentiments, which I glued one on top of the other, for some dimension.
Anywho, I think I will go and buy the blades, the sentiments on this cartridges are really nice but I will get me some sentiment dies for sure.
           Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.
                                                             
 

The corner butterflies are made with a super old punch from EK Success, the sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Springtime Love.

I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.
Glitter and Sparkle Challenge #226 "Love is in the Air"
Crafting When We Can Challenge #137 "Flowers"
AAA Cards: CAS Game #83 "Shape your Love"


Well, I hope this card gets you in the mood to join my teammates and me in THE FLOWER CHALLENGE gallery. Don't forget to pay them a visit to get even more inspiration from their beautiful cards and also, please don't forget to include our challenge banner when you submit your cards to the gallery, here it is for you to copy and paste.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



13 comments:

Brian King said...

Beautiful, Maria! I love the way you've colored the sentiment. Love!

Mary Fish said...

Wow! Love your interpretation of the card.

Karren said...

This is beautiful, Maria! Gorgeous sentiment font and such pretty flowers. By the way, thanks so very much for the card you sent me - it is gorgeous!

Jane said...

Gorgeous! Love those die cuts with the colours peeping through, very pretty. Thanks for playing at AAA Cards.

Coralynn Murray said...

Stunning! I love the gradient colour of the sentiment and the flower die cuts are beautiful. Thanks for playing along with us at AAA Cards!

Patti Krauss said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Patti Krauss said...

Lovely card Maria. Thanks for joining us at Crafting When We Can Challenges! - Patti (CWWC DT)

Viv said...

This is so very pretty Maria!I love the delicate die cuts and soft pretty colours here. Sorry I am so late commenting, been a busy week with all our roof job happenings ;) hugs Viv xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

so very pretty Maria...you gals are killin me with all these wonderful dies you are using, my wish list just keeps getting longer and longer.
xx Karen

SewPaperPaint said...

WOW! You CASed this perfectly and I love them both! Amazing inspiration. It is so hard for me to do CAS, but I love your style of it. Hugs, Autumn

Ruth said...

That is one lovely card, especially given the circumstances of the sentiment coming together - I'm impressed the old machine still had life in it! Beautifully done - and the insides too. Love the butterflies! xx

lostinpaper said...

Absolutely stunning Maria, it was well worth the trip to the basement lol.

Aileen said...

Maria I cant believe I am only now getting around to tell you what a fabulous card you made for the reminder. My apologies as it truly is a wonderful card and I have pinned to case when I get a chance. So pretty, love the die used for the flowers and your snetiment.