Followers

Tuesday, November 22, 2016

Warm and Cozy Christmas.....

Hello everyone: Here we are with a new challenge for you to try over at Shopping Our Stash , with the days getting chilly and Christmas just about a month away, I made this card to add to my stash of Holiday cards and to inspire you to do the same and then, join us in the gallery. I hope you like it.

This image is from a set from Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley called Bough Wow Wow and it's indeed a WOW set. This thick and warm mittens just invite you to wear them, specially if they are knitted by your grandma, ask me how I know that!
I stamped the image onto a panel of Strathmore multi media paper and colored it with SU markers and the aqua painter, I added some shadows with Prismacolor pencils and a bit of sparkle to the puffs with Dazzling Diamonds. The banner is from a super old set by Spellbinders called Ribbon Banners, the sentiment was stamped using an old Flourishes set called "Sentimental Christmas", love this photopolymer stamps because they are so pliable and you can bend them like I did here to fit the curve of the banner.  I found some silver metallic thread and wrapped it around the punched corners of the panel to further frame this pretty image.
*********************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from a Power Poppy set called Spice it Up, the Poinsettia is from Merry Littles.
I hope you get inspired and join me and my teammates in our gallery. For more awesome inspiration, jump to their blogs to see their awesome creations.
Thank you for stopping by, I always read each comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.





6 comments:

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Those mittens warm my heart! Beautifully colored! Love the silver string - I have I think 2 punches to do that - should get rid of two of them....

Patti Willey said...

Love this set! Love the mittens the gorgeous bow and it's so fun adding sparkle to those Pom poms!

Chris Dring said...

This is GORGEOUS, Maria! What a fabulous card design, and that image and how you colored it is beautiful!

lauren bergold said...

such a beautiful card & of course incredible coloring!!! <3

Aileen said...

Love the mittens Maria, can never image it being cold enough here to even think of mittens but yours are so beautiful I would be happy to own them if they we real. Another wonderful card and I just wanted to say thank you for your wonderful encouraging words over on my blog. I know your thoughts are always with me as you know where I'm going and I love and treasure you for that. Hugs Aileen

Mimi said...

Miss Maria! Happy Thanksgiving... hope your day was not too busy! This card has the perfect image for the challenge at SOS! Excellent coloring, as usual! And of course you accented the image just right, and the interior is the perfect finishing touch!