Followers

Saturday, October 1, 2016

Scary Treats for you to Eat!!!!!

Hello everyone: I've been waiting for a chance to use my brand new SU set called Jar of Haunts, the instant I laid my eyes on it, I knew I was going to get it so, waiting for the Holiday catalog to go live was torture.  Anywho, here is my card which I'll enter in a few challenges at the end of this post.


Isn't this a YUMMY TREAT? I had so much fun making this card, this set is just fabulous for Halloween. I stamped the jar onto a piece of Canson water color paper with Versafine black ink and then I stamped the eyeballs, I heat embossed them with clear embossing powder then, I fussy cut the jar . I colored the greenish liquid with a neon green marker, the eyeballs with a bit of So Saffron marker and I added some Crystal Effects to the jar but, when I took the picture, the light was shinning on it and it didn't look good, but in person looks pretty cool. The spider crawling on the jar is from a bag of Halloween confetti and I think it looks almost like the spiders on the pattern paper.
I stamped the slime onto a piece of very thin vellum and colored it with the neon green marker then, fussy cut it and attached it with a piece of double sided tape to the top of the jar. 
The pattern paper and the ribbon are from my stash, the sentiment is from the set and it's inked with different color markers, just for fun.
********************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is so old that the name is almost gone on the wood block but I think I can kind of read the word Inkadinkado. I stamped the little spiders from the set randomly to make it even spookier. 

I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.
Pals Paper Arts with a sketch by Dawn Tidd.

ppa-320-sep29

Just For Fun Rubber Stamps October Challenge "Halloween"
RETARTE #86 Anything Goes with a Halloween Twist"
Crafty Creations Challenge #325 "Halloween"
Craft Rocket Challenge Challenge #25 "Ribbon and/or Lace"
Aud Sentiments "Anything Goes + a Sentiment"

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

13 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

What a spooky Halloween card! Really like the lime green color you used in the jar combined with the creepy eyeballs and spider. Thanks for playing along with Just For Fun's October challenge!
~~Heidi @ My Little Stamping Blog JFF Design Team

Patti Willey said...

Great collection of Haunts to follow that sketch! However, you can gift this to your Grandson cause I don't want to see it in my Mailbox! I think Sonny will agree with me, spiders creep me out! :) But can appreciate the fabulous work you put into this craft creation! Te he! Happy October!

April said...

This is a super card! I love the jar with eyeballs. You did a wonderful job! Thanks for playing along with the challenge at Just For Fun. I hope you come and play along again!

PJ said...

Your card is spook-tacular. I think that confetti spider matches perfectly too. Great details.
victoryfirst.blogspot.com

Wendy Bellino said...

I ♥ that background paper and the slime detail looks awesome! What a fun stamp set, I love all the detail you added. So glad you joined us at JFF!

Barbara Bruder said...

Oh what a ghoulish halloween card - for sure, hahaha. Those spiders are great on the card and the jar of eyeballs - yuck.Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

Barbara Washburn said...

Wow, you even have spooky lace for the accent! Cute card. Thanks for sharing with us at Craft Rocket Challenges. Barbara DT

Mary Fish said...

Creepy, crawly fun!

Dawn Tidd said...

How fun, Maria! And the inside is super cute too. Thanks for joining us at the Pals Paper Arts this week!

Patti MacLeith said...

Spooky and scary and just perfect for the sketch challenge! Thanks for joining us at PPA! Come back soon.

Mimi said...

Hey you, love love love the jar of eyeballs! It's fun to use the items you always knew you needed to own!

Furrbster said...

This is brilliant! I love that haunts jar!

Thank you for joining us at Aud Sentiments for our anything goes challege,

Hugz Tinz

Unknown said...

Great card love it