Followers

Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Thinking of you Autumn card.....

Hello everyone: Now that Autumn has officially arrived, I'm loving all the hints of color I can see outside my craft room window, those trees in my backyard are starting to show some of the awesome and gorgeous colors of this Season.
I made this card inspired by it and I will link it up to a few challenges at the end of this post.


This image is from a set by Power Poppy called Sunny Harvest, stamped onto Canson water color paper with Stazon black ink and colored with SU markers and an aqua painter. Pattern paper, ribbon and brad are from my stash. I wanted to make a border with some markers but I decided to do it with embroidery thread so, I just punched the corners and wrapped around the thread, it looks a bit rustic, well.....I think so. Sentiment is from the set.
**********************************************************************

Here is a picture of the finished inside.


Both sentiment and corner image are from the same set.
I would like to enter this card onto the following challenges.

Crafting When We Can Challenges #128, "use your favorite mediums", I used water color markers.
The Ribbon Girl September Challenge "use any image".
Fashionable Stamping Challenges #115 "Use Autumnal Colors"
Pile it On Challenge #117 "Autumn Colors"
613 Avenue Create Challenge #189 "Anything Goes with optional twist of colors of the Fall"

Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

*********************************************************************

NEWS FLASH.
I have some very exciting news to share with you. 
My dear friend Aileen from Colour and Sparkle asked me to be part of the Designer Team for a brand new challenge blog called The Flower Challenge.  I'm super excited and totally thrilled to be joining her and my new and amazing teammates in this fantastic Journey. 
This challenge will be all about FLOWERS and that is just right up my alley, I think I have more flower stamps than any other kind so, I'm going to have so much fun making my cards to share with you.  So, please click on the tab "Design Team" to see who we are and learn a bit about all of us and then, on October 4th. we all hope you join us in the gallery, hope to see you there!!
Big Hugs.
Maria.


12 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Wowza look at that fabulous card! And using ribbon your drawer lightening up just a bit! Rich with Fall colors here Maria it's just gorgeous! Thanks for the link to your new design team blog, I'm all signed up for email notifications and can't wait! I'm known to love flower stamps and have a few of my own! Lol!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, this new challenge blog is going to be fabulous!! Like you, I love flower stamps so much and I have a good stash of them and it's getting bigger, LOL!!
I also can't wait to get started, hope to see YOU in the gallery.

Debbie Mageed said...

Beautiful card! I am so happy for you, Maria! You deserve it! You are so talented!!

Robin said...

This is just so very pretty! I love the flowers! Thanks for playing along with us at CWWC and good luck! Hugs, Robin

Claire Grantham said...

Maria, please see my blog post for the latest RR make..I need your help with bows STAT. Love and envy the giant bow here. The whole card is gorgeous. Congrats, you are so talented and I ADORE flower stamps, so I'll totes be playing along and supporting you my friend. Cx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Debbie, I'm so happy to embark on this new Journey, I hope you come and join us on our first challenge.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, Robin.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Claire, the bow is amazingly simple to make, there are a ton of videos on Utube, just search "How to make a double or triple bow".
And I'm glad you will join us in the gallery at The Flower Challenge, it will be a thrill to see you guys there.

Mary Fish said...

I don't know how you find time to create these watercoloring masterpieces every day! Such talent and commitment. Love this orange bouquet!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I often do my cards in the wee hours of the morning, hubby is off to work, mom is still asleep so, everything is quiet and peaceful and I can enjoy this time before I have to start my day doing my other every day things.

Esther said...

gorgeous colours and perfect for our autumn theme, congratulations on your new design team position...Thanks so much for sharing with us at FSC...Esther xx

vicky's scrapping passion said...

Great great card. Thank you for entering the Autumn colors challenge at Pile It On. Good luck.