Followers

Tuesday, September 13, 2016

A bit of shaking going on.....

Hello everyone: For this week over at the RETRO RUBBER  challenge we have one of the most popular themes in challenge land.....ANYTHING GOES.
I love interactive cards, don't you? they are a bit challenging to make but fun non the less. One of my favorite are Shaker Cards, I always love to see the bits of stuff that rolls around between the sheets of acetate and how it shines and sparkles.  I saw THIS VIDEO by Jennifer McGuire on how to make a "no bulk" shaker card so I decided to make one, here is my card.


Ok, sometimes I don't have the exact tools that are used to make the cards some people have when they make theirs so I improvise. In this case, I didn't have the dies Jennifer used but I do have some nesting rectangle dies and those are the ones I used for my card. 
I didn't have those cute little stars she put on her card but I did have some other sequences and beads so I used those. 
She also made her card in a way that you can write on without being seen through the front but, I had already finished this panel when I realized there was no place to write anything without messing up the front so, I added another card base and glued it to the main one, ending up with a 3 panel card, sheeesh!! But now, there is plenty of space to write.


If you look at this next picture you'll see what I mean about having no space to write your note.


All things considered, I'm happy with this card, the butterfly is from Cherry Lynn and the flowers from the Power Poppy set called Countryside Bouquet Delux, which dates from 2014. I stamped this image on white card stock with Versamark blac ink and colored it with my Prismacolor pencils. The butterfly is from Cherry Lynn, I had it for at least 4 years and it was die cut with a piece of Strathmore water color paper, and sponged with distress inks, I put some scotch tape to keep all of the little pieces from the die so I could add highlights with Prismacolor pencils. The die is from Elizabeth Crafts and I had it for 2 years.
So, I hope you like my card, for more inspiration, hop over to my Teammates blogs and see their wonderful creations, then join us in the gallery, we can't wait to see what you create.
Please remember to use stamps that are at least ONE YEAR OLD and, if at all possible, tell us their age.  Also, you can link your card to up to 10 OTHER CHALLENGES INCLUDING OURS.  One good place to find out the age of your stamps is Splitcoaststampers, if you know their names, you look them up in the Gallery, all of the stamp companies are listed in alphabetical order.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



13 comments:

lauren bergold said...

ohhhhhhh missus, what an incredibly lovely card, you have really thought about every single detail and made the most of each element! Yowza! thanks so much for having me as your guest designer at retro rubber this week! <3

Patti Willey said...

Phew would take me two weekends to make that card! Lots to love here Maria this pink butterfly so appropriate near this branch of flowers I love it!

Jane Knudsen said...

Hi Maria! Do you get any sleep? Because the cards you make are so beautifully detailed and look like they take forever! This one is no exception - the colors are luscious! So intricately put together! Stunning!!

Mary Fish said...

soft, sweet and oh so pretty!

Debbie Mageed said...

Gorgeous! You CASE like I do - just go with what you have and make it your own. I love how you gave us the thought process for each obstacle you faced. And the three panels? Perfect idea! Thanks for giving us a beautiful card to CASE now!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lauren, it was our pleasure to have you as our Guest Designer, my dear.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I'm glad I decided to leave the butterfly intact, I really like the way it looks in those colors.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Jane, I confess this card took a bit longer but only because I changed the layout and then, I had to add that extra panel for writing a message. I love shaker cards and I'm glad I made this one for our challenge.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Debbie, I have fun CASEing cards using my own stuff, there is no need to rush to the store an buy the "ingredients" of the card you want to replicate.
For this card, I had to tackle the little obstacles I encountered, but I'm very happy with the results.

Neva Cole said...

So pretty Maria! It is great that you improvised to have more room to write and add more detail. I will need to CAS this plan as well!

Claire Grantham said...

Fun card Maria, you know I LOVE a shaker, I do this a lot..forget about the writing the card out part LOL. Cx

Katy McGloin said...

Gosh, Maria! You certainly made this work with what you had as well as the extra improvisation! This card is so pretty! I will have to check out Jennifer's post now that you have me curious. Loved your narrative on the making of this card... almost like you are in the room with me. :)

Christine Traversa said...

Great job on this creation! So creative and love your improvisation skills!❤️