Followers

Monday, June 27, 2016

Handmade Stencil.....

Hello again, everyone: Every time there is a challenge that's asking for stenciling, I say to myself "Ok, this is it!!, I'm getting some stencils!!!" and, for one reason or another, I never do. I have ONE stencil that was gifted to me by my friend Claire Grantham and it's of a Honeycomb, I've used it several times but this time, I wanted another design that would look good with the stamp of a Dragonfly I've been wanting to use so, I went ahead and created my own stencil, here is my card.


The stenciled image was made with THIS Tim Holtz thinlits die set, I just cut a piece of card stock with it and taped it to my water color paper with washi tape. The sponged colors are done with Seedless Preserves, Shaded Lilac and Spun Sugar distress inks.
The Dragon fly image is from a retired SU set called Nature's Nest, which is simply gorgeous. I colored it with THIS SHIMMER PAINTS  from Impress Rubber Stamps.
The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


I'm linking this card the "Less is More" challenge, hosted by their brand new Designer Team member ESTHER, hope you can go visit her blog and leave her some crafty love, her cards are always gorgeous and to the Addicted to CAS, CODE WORD "FLY".
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

Stamps I used.

For sentiment inside.

For sentiment in front.





8 comments:

Esther said...

Maria, you are too kind! Thank you for the lovely words! As for your card, it's so pretty and I'm super impressed that you cut your own stencil. It was a great choice as those shapes sit really nicely behind the gorgeous dragonfly and I love the delicate colours. Fab LIM card, thank you!

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Brilliant hand made stencil.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Mary Fish said...

Love your creative way to stencil!

Sarah G said...

The die cut stencil adds a gorgeous element to your card and compliments the dragonfly beautifully! Thank you for sharing it with us at Less is More :)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A beautiful design, subtle and elegant colours and perfect use of your stencil and the theme fly at ATCAS. Thanks for sharing and playing along at both Less is More and ATCAS this week. Sarah x

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Deliciously delicate colour blending through your stencil - and what a great idea to cut your own stencil. This is a really dreamy card.
Thanks so much for joining us.
Sharon xx
Less is More

Chrissie said...

Better late than never!
Sorry for the late visit!
These are beautiful cards, I love this stencil you made... perfect!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Jaydee said...

I love dragonflies and yours is no exception. I love your sponged area, too. Wonderful. Thanks for rocking my challenge at ATCAS this week
Jaydee