Followers

Friday, April 22, 2016

Freshly Made Sketches #233.....

Hello everyone: Have you ever finished a card, looked it over, seems fabulous and then, you grab it to take the photo and.....WHAM!! your darn inky fingers totally ruin it? Don't you want to just scream?
Well, I totally wanted to scream but my mom is still asleep and I didn't want to scare her with my wailing so, I collected myself, took a few deep breaths and, after cussing a little, I just started over. Luckily, the part that got my fingerprints was the panel, not my main image, that would have been even more of a disaster. Anyway, here is my card, I'm linking it to the Freshly Made Sketches sketch challenge by Amy.


This card was made with a combination of two of my all time favorite Stampin Up! sets, sadly retired. The sweet little bird is from "Spring Song", the beautiful cherry blossom branch and the Japanese symbol are from "Eastern Influences". I kept it (or at least tried) as CAS as possible. I confess I wanted to sponge a little blue for the sky and I also wanted to heat emboss the Japanese symbol in gold but, there is no gold in this image and  the sponging probably would have not been very even, since I'm still kind of learning, I even wanted to add like a Rhine Stone to the end of the black strip of card stock but, after debating for a little while, I just left it alone.
Now, here is a picture of the finished inside, the sentiment is from Elizabeth Craft Designs and it's called Winter Spring, I wanted to add some color but I opted for just black.


And here is the sketch that inspired my card.

Here are the stamp sets I use to create my card.
Spring Song. Spring/Summer 2008.
 

Eastern Influences. Fall/Winter 2008.
 
Flourishes Signs of Spring. 2013.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




14 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Look at all those vintage sets come to life! Love the little bird and the rest in that retire set! Looks fine to me without sponging a sky you wouldn't want to risk it after all! Ha!!

Brian King said...

Beautiful - just as the card says. :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

You are right Patti, now that I see it, I'm glad I just left it as is.
These are indeed, vintage, treasured sets.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Brian, so happy you stopped by.

Mary Fish said...

Lovely for spring!

Unknown said...

You know how bad I am to CAS and I would have sponged the sky ;). Your colouring is a dream, as always ! Fingerprints on the finished card !!! I would have screamed ( good you didn't, your mom would have been horrified ).Big hugs, Anita

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Maria, lucky you were able to save the day cause your design is perfect.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, this set has the prettiest Spring images.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Anita, I'm still learning this style and I'm loving every moment so, when I smeared my card.....so frustrating.
Thank you for stopping by.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, I was lucky indeed.

A splash of color said...

Beautiful card love the bird.. glad you kept going it worked out great. (And yes we all have done the inky fingers scream..)

Amy O said...

This is so clean and pretty! I love the detail in these stamped images and your coloring is beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, it was horrifying staring at that smudge, sheeesh!! I'm glad also that I was able to save this card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Amy, so glad you stopped by.