Followers

Saturday, January 30, 2016

Stretching myself with Azaleas.....

Hello everyone: I have a card to share with you for the Power Poppy "Stretch Yourself" challenge.  Here is my card.

Bloomie Tosha Leyendeker is asking us to stretch ourselves by either making a long and somewhat skinny card or maybe trying something new or challenging. Well, my card is 3" x 6 1/2" so that fits the challenge but I also incorporated some DSP from Lili of the Valley, (unfortunately, they are not selling anymore of this glorious papers, which I love for their beauty and also because they are one sided). Those of you who know me are aware of my total lack of an eye for combining DSP on my cards, so I hope I did a good job on this one.
The image is from the beautiful Power Poppy set, by the amazing Marcella Howley called Azaleas , I stamped this flowers onto a panel of Canson water color paper and colored with the aqua painter and SU markers in Rich Razzleberry, Always Artichoke and a bit of Chocolate Chip for the stem and the shadow under the glass. The "water" in the vase has a bit of Bashful Blue. 
Here is a close up of this lovely blooms.


I used my Prismacolor pencil #995 Mulberry, to add some texture to the petals and a bit of white for highlights. I made a pretty bow with some gold thread and linen thread, leaving the ends to just hang.
Here is a picture of the finished inside.


And here is the banner that inspired this card.

Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

8 comments:

Charlene Stalker said...

So pretty - I just bought some Stampin Up markers and am going to be trying out more water coloring pictures since you have inspired me so! Thanks for another beautiful work of art Maria. Keep them coming. Loved your swap card too!

Sonny said...

Really pretty coloring ! Those Azaleas remind me of springtime . The gold thread is a nice subtle addition to this long and skinny card .

Patti Willey said...

Love the Azalea image so much! Beautiful selection of marker colors and Prisma Color Pencils, your paper looks like a perfect choice to me!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Charlene, so glad you got your markers, you will have a lot of fun coloring with them.
Happy you liked your swap card.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Sonny, I hope my Azalea bush comes back in the Spring.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, this combination of DSP was so hard to find, I colored the image first, I should have picked the paper first instead but in the end, it came out nicely.

ChristineCreations said...

Love this classic and pretty layout for the tall card Maria! The colours are wonderful and the rustic twine is such a great addition! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Christine, it's always a joy to play along at Power Poppy.
So glad the challenge is for the entire month of February.