Followers

Thursday, August 6, 2015

Ragged Angel for 2 challenges.....

Hello everyone: How is your Summer going? I hope you are enjoying the warm temperatures because they wont last, for us up here in the Northern states, the cold months outlast the warm.
But anyway, I'm participating in two challenges with this card, Merry Monday with a theme of Pastels and the Holiday/Winter theme challenge over at LiveLoveCards , which will run the entire month of August. Here is my card.
This little Ragged Angel  is from Penny Black, the expression on her sweet face is of pure bliss. I struggled a bit with the layout for this card, the image is 4x4 inches so it was going to take a good portion of the surface of my card base so, I decided to snip it out and just put a white panel as the background embossed with an old Sizzix embossing folder that looks like snow falling.
I colored this sweet little Angel with my SU markers and the Aqua Painter then, sprinkled some glitter on the bottom, I'm sorry it's not showing in this picture, maybe in this one you can see the sparkle at her feet. 
This picture was taken with the flash, the other one without.
So there you have it, I hope you like it. I want to thank you for visiting my blog, please leave me a comment or a question or both, I read all of them and they always make me so happy.
 
 Till next time, keep on stamping.
                                                                         Maria.

Paper: Canson water color paper, Ninah Solar White.
Ink: Stazon Jet Black, SU markers in Perfect Plumb, Pumpkin Pie, Pink Pirouette, Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, Wile Wasabi, Certainly Celery and Soft Suede.
Stamps: Ragged Angel from Penny Black.

15 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Such a stunning image!! I love the soft colors you gave her and she looks stunning with that snow filled background!! Great Christmas design and thanks for joining in the fun with us over at Merry Monday! :)

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Vicki, she is really so sweet, it was a joy to color her. I look forward to the next Merry Monday Challenge.

Patti Willey said...

Aw she's precious! Penny Black does a wonderful job with these children! Your layout turned out perfect!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thanks Patti, she is indeed so sweet, I'm very happy with this simple layout, I wanted to give her room to shine.

Charlene Stalker said...

Love seeing your new creations Maria. You are such an inspiration to so many! This angel is adorable and your coloring is perfect. I'm so glad we are friends and I get to see all of your beautiful work.

Lisa said...

Such a precious image. Maria, you've made her come alive with wonderful color.

Sonny said...

Adorable and I love the falling snow and the sparkly snow around her little feet . Love your coloring !

Bonnie said...

What an adorable little angel, Maria! You've colored her beautifully and I love the embossed snow behind her! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Notes by Nina said...

Such a sweet image and a lovely card. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday.

Darnell said...

Maria, you are right. Her face just radiates bliss and oh, my, you have colored and showcased her beautifully! The wings are magnificent!! Enjoy your day!! Hugs, Darnell

Wendy said...

So pretty, Maria! Just love your beautifully colored angel and the embossed background! Lovely card!! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Monday! :)

Karren said...

You've taken a beautiful image and made it into a gorgeous card! And so beautifuly colored! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

Irene said...

Lovely card! I love this image and you have showcased her beautifully!

Becky said...

I love the Art Manning designs at Penny Black, and your card caught my eye right away when I saw the Live Love Cards challenge entries. You have done such a nice job. It's a beautiful card for some lucky recipient! Thanks for the inspiration!

Darlene DeVries said...

Beautiful as always, Maria. It must have taken awhile to cut out that sweet girl! The snow folder was the perfect touch. :)