Followers

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Halloween in August????? for The Paper Players

Hello everyone: I've been seeing a lot of Christmas in July cards lately, I actually made THIS ONE  a few days ago, but I really wasn't thinking about Halloween yet, I mean, this is still August but, well.....October will be here very soon so, I kind of wanted to get you guys in gear for your Spooky card making season. This is the card I made for The Paper Players , this little fellow has a big dose of Spookyness on his paws for sure.
Most times, when I get a new set of stamps I stamp a few images to have at hand just in case I need them, it saves me a bit of time, usually the coloring is done fast, if it's not to involved, this little guy was colored quick with SU markers. The image is from Whipper Snapper Designs, I went to look for it but couldn't find it, I hope they didn't discontinue this stamp, I really don't like when they (who ever "they" are) get rid of awesome and endearing imagers like this one, spooky as it might be.
I didn't put any ribbon or twine or bling on this card, I figured the pretty die cut frame was fancy enough, and I didn't want to crowd the image with a sentiment either, I think you can tell this is a Halloween card.
So, I hope you like it, as always, I thank you for visiting and for your comments, I love reading them and I will answer any questions you might have about the image, the way I colored, etc.
This is the sketch that inspired this card.   Till next time, keep on stamping.
Maria.
 
 
 

13 comments:

Unknown said...

Never too early for a spooky cat!! As always Maria your coloring is amazing. It would take me many tries to arrive at something not anywhere near this card. Thanks for sharing your talent.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Hi Rosemarie and thank you for your sweet comment. It was a riot to color this little cat, I kept smiling just to imagine the dyer situation he is in, that bat that landed on his tail and all the other spooky things flying around him would have given me a fright for sure.
Thank you so much for visiting.

Patti Willey said...

oh my this square card is awesome! Look at that fabulous black diecut contrast on your card stock! Great job with your layout Maria! Sweet image I love the expression on this cat! I lived near a cemetary when I grew up, in fact the town paid me to mow the grass so cemetarys are not spooky for me I guess that's a good thing!

Sonny said...

So cute ! I love that we are seeing Halloween early because it is such a fun time to make cards and it gets eaten up by Christmas stuff.
You did such a cute job with this . I agree with Patti that the black frame sets it off. Could we say this card is Boo....tiful !!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

LOL!! Patti, this cat is like "woot, woot? there is a bat on my tail, people!!!" You were a go getter my friend, gosh!! mowing the grass on a cemetery?? Ata' girl.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Sonny, I love your Puns, you are a riot my friend. I too love Halloween, it's fun to dress up and wait for the kiddos to come by. Last year and the year before I was a Faery, super cute, with my wings and a feathered mask hubby and I got in New Orleans a while ago. I don't know about this year, Hmmm..I need to start thinking.....

Mary Fish said...

Love your spooky card. I made a Halloween card this weekend, too!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, Halloween will be here soon, how fun!!

Claire Broadwater said...

Maria, this is just fantastic! I love Halloween cards and all your details are fabulous! So happy you joined us at The Paper Players this week! XX

Celeste Goff said...

This card is just adorable!

laurie said...

Wow this is an awesome Halloween card! I love the colors and image..awesome card! Thanks for playing along at The paper Players this week!

LeAnne said...

LOL, what a fun card! I love Halloween any time of the year, so this makes me happy! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Paper Players!

Jaydee said...

Maria, what an absolutely adorable - and fun card. It brought such a smile to my face. So glad you joined us at the Paper Players this week
Jaydee