Followers

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Seeing Dots!!!!!


Image may contain: text

Hello dear blogging friends: Yes, yes, my teammates and I are seeing dots in our new challenge over at RETRO RUBBER and we want you to come and play with us in our gallery.
Here is the card I made to inspire you to join us.


The image on this card is from a very old and beautiful Stampin' Up! set called "Apothecary Art" that came out in the 2012 Occasions Mini and it' has the companion die set and a piercing mat design too.
I chose this very bright yellow colors to perk me and you guys up during this very long and cold Winter season.  I stamped this image on watercolor paper with Stazon black ink and colored with SU markers, the dots on the background were made by inking one side of a dots embossing folder and running my panel through the Big Shot. I didn't have dotted ribbon so I created my own with a Daffodil Delight SU marker.  For the butterflies, I stamped some dots with Daffodil Delight and the "Gorgeous Grunge" stamp set (2013-2014 Annual Catalog) and then punched them out with the Butterfly punches that coordinate with the "Papillon Potpourri" (2012-2013 Idea Book and Catalog). I added a cut out doily sponged with Daffodil Delight for a bit of texture.

*******************************************************************
This is how the INSIDE of my card looks like.


The sentiment is from a set from Paper Tray Ink, the dots from Gorgeous Grunge.

So I hope you get inspired to come and play with my teammates and I in the RETRO RUBBERgallery, we can't wait to see what you can create.
For more inspiration, go to the challenge PAGE and check out the rest of the team's awesome creations.
Thank you for stopping by,  I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




4 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

So beautiful, Maria! The doily, the image, your coloring -- wow! Yellow is my favorite. Love how you did the doily and made your own dotted ribbon. Clever!

Debbie Mageed said...

Apothecary Art never disappoints and this is fantastic! Love the sunny color because, like you, I am ready for Spring! :D

Claire Grantham said...

Maria, I love your bright cheerful card. Makes me long for Spring. I love the technique for getting the dots on your background, Neva does this so well too. Cx

creative lady said...

Maria, your card is beautiful!