Followers

Monday, January 8, 2018

Power Poppy January Challenge.....

Hello dear blogging friends: I've been a hard core fan of Marcella Hawley for a very, very long time, she is the fabulous owner and creator of Power Poppy, her amazing illustrations are a delight to color and you can create beautiful cards with them.  The January Power and Spark challenge hosted by Julie Koerber, is providing a bunch of fabulous "CARD MAPS" for us to play with.  This is the card I made for this challenge and I will play along with a few other challenges at the end of this post.


This image is from a Power Poppy set called Under Glass Christmas Traditions, both sentiments are from the set. I stamped the image on some watercolor paper with Stazon black ink and colored it with Sakura Koi watercolors. I added some Diamond Dust to the puffy embellishments on the top. This stuff is so cool, it sparkles really beautifully in real life.
The little bow on the sentiment was found on my little box where I keep die cuts that I didn't use, it really came in handy this time.  The little hearts are punched with a retired SU corner punch.

************************************************************************
I always finish the inside of all my cards, saves a lot of time when I mail them.


The sentiment is from another Power Poppy set called Poinsettia and the little gift on the bottom corner from Merry Littles, also from Power Poppy.

I'm playing along with the following challenges.

Power and Spark from Power Poppy, I used this Card Map.

Dare2BArtzy "Winter Wonderland"

Fashionable Stamping Challenge Theme "Celebrate"

A Gem of a Challenge #210 "Happy Anything" 

heartfulheader1

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




5 comments:

Cindy S said...

I love your card. So happy you joined in on the Dare 2B Artzy Winter Wonderland challenge!

ChristineCreations said...

Such fun vibrant colours together, its so nice to see something different with a Christmas theme. Great use of the sketch Maria! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

Stacy Morgan said...

Bright and cheerful! I like the scallop frame you created for the image panel as well. Awesome card.

Shirley said...

Totally vibrant and such a fun looking card.

Thank you for sharing with us at Fashionable Stamping Challenges.

Warm crafty hugs from Shirl x x x
ShirlsCards.

Juliet A said...

The colors you've achieved with your watercoloring are stunning, and the shading is beautiful (I'm not so good with watercolors). Thanks for joining the HeARTful Stamping Challenge this week!