Followers

Monday, May 8, 2017

Rhapsody in Blue.....

Hello everyone: Today, the sun finally came out from hiding, it's been a good 4-5 days of cloudy skies, rain, fierce winds, cold temps, everything looks green and lush, my flowers are happy and the grass is tall, need to mow it, that's for sure, later maybe?.....For now, I have more pleasant things to do like coloring this awesome image from a Power Poppy set called Foxglove and Ranunculus, I love this fabulous flowers with their widely open blooms so the little bees and butterflies can stop and get a drink.  I was looking on Google for pictures of this flowers because I needed to know if they come in blue shades and, to my delight, they do, I will explain later why I needed to know this, in the mean time, here is a picture of some blue Floxgloves.

Image result for foxglove pictures
Aren't this just gorgeous? Now, here is a picture of my card.


This lovely image is from a Power Poppy by Marcella Hawley stamp set called Foxglove and Ranunculus, I just love this image, specially those chubby little bees.
I stamped it onto a piece of Strathmore mixed media paper with Versafine black ink and clear heat embossed it, then colored it with a mix of SU markers for shading and highlights and Sakura Koi water colors using my empty Wink of Stella brush, I found out that, even when there is no more of this beautiful, shimmery liquid, you can take the pen apart and fill it with water, put it back together, shake it and there you have it, a perfectly good water brush, I'm amazed at how much glitter stuff is left behind once the brush is actually empty.
I die cut the frame with a postage stamp die, in the front and inside for the sentiment.
******************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


I stamped the sentiment from another Power Poppy set called Potted Primroses and the top of the Foxglove image plus the little bees. I actually snipped this sweeties off of the main stamp just so I could use them in different ways, like stamping more than two or just stamp them any where on my flower images, they are the perfect size.

I'm linking this card to the following challenges.
Power Poppy May Challenge "Frame It Up!"

Your Next Stamp "Sketch and Color" Challenge #63.

Daring Cardmakers "May's Elementary Inspiration"

Cut It Up! Challenge #121 "Wings" 
Crafting With Dragonflies Challenge #80 "Lots of Flowers and/or Mother's Day.

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate them more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


13 comments:

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Maria, love the colours of your flowers and that wonderful die you used to frame the image.

SewPaperPaint said...

Really pretty flower images and great pop of color. Hugs, Autumn

Kathy said...

Lovely card - what a gorgeous stamp set that must be.

Thanks for joining in with The Daring Cardmakers this week

Angelnorth said...

Power Poppy florals are beautiful, aren't they? A lovely card made with a lovely stamp set, love the little "hanging cord" on the picture frame! Thanks for joining us at Daring Cardmakers this week!

Mary Fish said...

Love your inspiration as well as your card. You have such a masterful sense of color!

happyglitzygirl said...

Great card, love the colours, thanks for playing with us at Crafting with Dragonflies, blessings Hilde

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Beautiful, inside and out! And thanks for the tip on the Wink of Stella!

Thanks for joining us for our Wings challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

Dawn said...

Beautiful card and I love that you included the inside. Thanks for joining in at Daring Cardmakers. x

scrapsnsuch@gmail.com said...

Gorgeous inspiration. Your card is so bright and cheerful. Thanks for joining in the YNS Challenge!

Susan Hogan said...

Rhapsody indeed. Gorgeous. Thanks for sharing this beautiful piece with us at Crafting with Dragonflies.

Kathy Jones said...

WOW! Love the inspiration pic and your beautiful card!! The frame is fabulous!!! Gorgeous inside and out! Thanks so much for playing along with Power Poppy this month!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Pretty... and oh I do like the blue hues... :-) Thanks for playing in our Power and Spark challenge this month.

sanpiseth40 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.