Followers

Thursday, January 5, 2017

Bring me a cold one, will you?.....

Hello everyone: I don't know about you but I LOVE  BEER, yes, yes, my hubby and I enjoy a nice cold one (sometimes two😋)in all kinds of weather so, when I saw the CASology challenge yesterday, with the CUE CARD "COLD", the first thing that came to my mind was BEER, not snow, not ice, just beer, are you shocked? LOL!!
So I made this very simple and hopefully totally CAS card, hope you like it.


I thought I had a stamp with a beer mug among my stash, I knew I had seen one somewhere but alas!! I didn't and then I remember where I saw  a picture of a beer mug and it was on the SU 2016-2017 annual catalog as part of a set called Mixed Drinks, (I think I will order this set, love all the images) so, I grabbed the catty and traced the beer mug onto a piece of Vellum with pencil then, transferred it to my die cut panel by rubbing the image with the bone folder, then I went over the pencil lines with a fine tip black pen, easy peasy.
I colored it with Prismacolor pencils and paper stumps dipped in baby oil, I added a bit of Wink of Stella to the foam, hope you can see it. The sentiment is from an old Flourishes set called "Pinwheels and Popsicles".
**************************************************************************
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment and the horn are from a new Power Poppy set called "Marcella's Mixed Tape Volume1" 
I would like to link this card to the following challenges.

Crafting by Designs January Challenge "Anything Goes"
The Male Room Challenge #51 "Anything Goes"
Inspiration Destination Challenge #119 "Anything Goes"
Crafty Creations Challenges #332 "Anything Goes"

Thank you for stopping by, I always read every single comment you so kindly leave on my posts, I want you to know I appreciate this more than words can express.
Until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

13 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Traced it! Heck! You just saved us all a bundle in stamps! Haha! I can't believe it came out perfect! You're so amazing!

Lisa said...

Very clever my friend! What else do you have in your bag of tricks. I also love a icy cold beer in the bottle. There is no other way.

Mary Fish said...

I'm chillin'! This is adorable and I love all the white with the simple mug!

Aileen said...

Well arent you a clever one, tracing and beautifully done too. Nothing like a coldy or two especially in the middle of a heat wave. Cheers big ears xx

Jacquie Southas said...

Love how you transferred the mug image, Maria! A cold beer is just perfect in my book. Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

Viv said...

Gorgeous Maria, and yes we love a cold beer too ;) hugs Viv xx

Barbara Bruder said...

WOW what a cute image and love how you transferred that image. Very smart. Thanks for joining us at the Crafty Creations Challenges for our latest challenge. Good luck and join us again soon. Hugs, Barbara {Crafty Creations Challenges}

Rachel Bergfeld said...

Love this card! Super cute and a great take on the cue. Thanks for joining the CASology challenge this week!

Melissa said...

So clever how you transferred that image! I was waiting for someone to go with this interpretation! ;) Love the touch of sparkle you added to the foam...perfect!
Thanks so much for joining us over at CASology! :)

Susan Powell said...

traced it and vellum? what a great trick - tfs. Love your card by the way.

Deborah Frings said...

Brilliant! I do like this delightfully CAS beer card! Thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room Anything Goes challenge. Deborah, DT.

Andreja said...

You made such a beautiful male cards :-)) I like both.
Thanks for playing at Male Room. Hugs, Andreja

Rocky said...

Very resourceful and well worth the effort, feeling thirsty just looking at it! Thank you for sharing it with us at TMR.