Followers

Monday, June 27, 2016

Persian Motifs.....

Hello everybody: I have a card to show you today made with one of my old time favorite sets from Altenew called Persian Motifs, I love this beautiful floral images, they are fun and easy to color in any medium, I chose Prismacolor pencils this time, here is my card.


I stamped this image with Versafine Onix Black ink onto Strathmore Multimedia water color paper, it is smoother than the Canson water color paper I use and I found out it takes the pencils and the paper stumps with baby oil much better because it's thinner and this helps blending the colors so much better. I really tried to keep it CAS but, when I was done, I felt the flower needed something so I reached for the SU Gorgeous Grunge dots and stamped them in Tangerine Tango and Daffodil Delight, the sentiment is from the set and it's also stamped with Tangerine Tango.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


The sentiment is from a retired Flourishes set.
I'm linking this card to the Addicted to Stamps and More CAS challenge.


Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.



5 comments:

Lisa said...

I like how you have the flower hanging from the top left corner. The colors are so rich and vibrant. Wonderful summer colors. Great card Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Lisa, I wanted the leaves to appear like they were falling.

Patti Willey said...

Can you believe I don't have this beautiful stamp! Gorgeous you can't make this stamp look bad, rich in these pencil selections you have here! I like the splatter detail too it's still CAS card!

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Maria, one of my favourites too.

Bobby said...

The colors are perfect for the style of flower, Maria, and I agree that sometimes you need a little splatter. Thanks for joining the challenge at ATSM this week.