Followers

Sunday, April 10, 2016

One Layer Card.....Two Challenges.....

Hello again everyone: I have another card to share with you this morning, I'm telling you, when I get my MOJO going, I take advantage. I'm submitting this card to the "Less is More" Geometric Shapes or Patterns challenge and the CAS Mix Up April challenge, "Stamping, Stenciling + our choice", I picked the stamping with Versamark ink embossing in gold, Stenciling with an Hexagon stencil plus my choice of Sponging, here is my card.

The image is from a retired Flourishes set called "Pinwheels and Popsicles", I stamped the image onto a folded 4"x5 1/2" piece of Canson water color paper to keep the ONE LAYER requirement for the "Less is More" challenge and sponged it with some distress inks using this Hexagon stencil. The sentiment is from the set.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


Here are the banners that inspired my card.


"Less is More"
One Layer Card using Geometric Shapes or Patterns.
Thank you for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.


24 comments:

Esther said...

Gorgeous card, Maria! I love the soft background stencilling, so attractive and yet still restful to the eye. The stamp set is lovely and you've done the shading so nicely to blend with the background. Fab card!

Loll said...

This is a fantastic card Maria. Love the soft colours of your stenciled background. And the image and sentiment are so perfect together. Great design! Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Mix Up!

Chrissie said...

This is lovely; the gentle look of the hexagons is terrific!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Bonnie said...

Love the soft stenciling, Maria! And I love that you've stenciled in more than one color! Sweet lanterns too! Thanks so much for sharing this with us at CAS Mix Up!

Lou said...

Such pretty pastel shades and a really sweet image. Lou x

Unknown said...

Beautiful soft colours, and a fab images gorgeous card Debbs x

Mary Fish said...

the colorful stenciling is divine!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Esther, I'm a beginner with stencils but I really like the beautiful designs you get with them.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Loll, I love this challenge, specially the fabulous list of choices we get.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Chrissie, I'm very pleased with the effect of the sponging on this stencil.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bonnie, I wanted to extend the color of each lantern, this are really so pretty.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lou, this inks are great for sponging and blending.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Deb.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, Mary.

Sid said...

Great card, loving the design !

Sarah G said...

Your colours on the soft stencil are perfect and complement the lanterns perfectly! Thank you for joining us at Less is More :)

Patti Willey said...

Pretty background! Blending is so in right now and stencils make backgrounds so interesting! Lovely new technique for you here way to go!

Sonny said...

Love the stenciled background and the lanterns are so colorful and festive .
Pretty card !

Anne said...

What lovely colours you used for your stamping and stencilling! Not much white space, but beautiful!
Thanks so much for taking part
Anne
"Less is More"

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anne, I was hesitant to post this card to the LIM challenge because of the fact that I totally covered the white space with the stenciling, I sometimes forget that I need to leave white space alone, LOL!! I'm learning!!!

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Fabulous card. Your blending on the hexagons is just superb.
Thank you for joining us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sharon, I think I should have left the white space WHITE, I just got a bit carried away with my new distress inks, LOL!!

maria f. said...

Such a fabulous use of stenciling!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Maria, I do need to get more stencils, this is the only one I have.