Followers

Saturday, April 30, 2016

CAS Colours and Sketches #171.....

Hello everyone: I have another card made with my brand new Power Poppy set called Sunny Harvest and I will submit it to the CAS Colors and Sketches #171 sketch challenge and the Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #191, here is my card.


This was a quick and easy card to create, I just love this Sunflowers and Chinese Lanterns sprigs.  I stamped them onto a panel of Canson water color paper with Versafine Onix Black ink, I love the crisp image I get every time with it. I colored this sprigs of flowers with SU markers and the aqua painter and then, I sponged Hello Honey around them, I love this soon to be retired SU color, it's truly rich and gorgeous.  The sentiment from the same set is also stamped with Hello Honey.
Here is a picture of the finished inside of my card.


I stamped the sentiment and another sprig with Tangelo Twist, this color will also retire soon. I love the deep, rich orange shade and, when I water color with it, it softens beautifully. 
Here is the banners that inspired my card.

 
Thank you for stopping by today, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.

18 comments:

Sonny said...

Pretty ! I agree with you about Hello Honey in regard to it`s rich complimentary shade . It is a bit more subtle than So Saffron . I like your background shading that frames your flowers .

Lisa said...

Sunshine indeed! I could use some. Had a few to check out your card. Totally agree with Sonny, the shading is perfect. A very different design sketch. You did a wonderful job utilizing the flowers. Okay, back to work.

karen h said...

Very pretty! I love the sponging! Thanks for playing along with us at CC&S!

Kath said...

A lovely card - beautiful shading.
Kath x

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, all of the In Color Collection shades are beautiful, specially for sponging.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Lisa, we can use some sunshine ourselves up here, sheeesh!! when I saw the sketch this sprigs of Sunflowers came to my mind right away.
Work, Work, Work!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by Karen, I really love this sketch, I think I will make another card with it.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Kath.

Patti Willey said...

Pretty blending! Nice & sunny here but it hates to warm up your card looks ice & warm!

Mary Fish said...

Those highlights are brilliant, Maria!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Patti, I'm so glad you are enjoying some sun, it's been raining up here all day, ughhh!!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, I really like the way the sponging looked.

Aileen said...

Wonderful Maria, how simple you have made it look yet so pretty. Love your colour choices.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Aileen, I really like how the sponging ended up looking.

Bobby said...

Your inking is wonderful around the beautifully colored images, Maria. Thanks for sharing your card at ATSM this week.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bobby, I'm always a bit nervous when I'm sponging ink on my cards, I don't like those lines you sometimes get with the tool.

Louise van Vuren said...

I am impressed that you have made sponging CAS! The sprigs fit the curves of the sketch beautifully.Thanks for playing along at CC&S
Louise xx

Unknown said...

Maria - that's such a beautiful card (as usual). Great use of the sketch. Thanks for joining us at CAS Colours & Sketches this week. Liz x