Followers

Saturday, January 16, 2016

CASology #180.....OPEN.....

Hello everyone: The Cue Word at the CASology challenge blog this week is OPEN. This word can be interpreted in so many ways, from OPEN window to OPEN road, OPEN sea or OPEN arms but I chose to go with OPEN flowers, here is my card.
I picked this retired image from a Flourishes stamp set because this flowers are in different stages of opening. There are two closed buds, one flower is opening and the other one is completely open. 
I stamped this image onto Canson water color paper and colored it with the aqua painter and SU markers in Pretty in Pink, Regal Rose, More Mustard and Always Artichoke, I highlighted the petals and the leaves with Prismacolor pencils #929 Pink and #908 Dark Green.
I cut the image and framed popping up the frame with dimensionals.

Here is a close up, I hope the shimmer of the Wink of Stella can be seen.

Here is a picture of the finished inside.

The sentiments and the flower are from the same set.

Here is the Cue Card for this challenge.


Thank you so much for stopping by, until next time, happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.




8 comments:

Sonny said...

Oh this is just beautiful ! Love your description of the images !
This is frame ready for sure !! Wonder where you can hang it ??

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny. Hmm..maybe you can hang it in your craft room, would you like that?

Joyce said...

Oh, this card is so very pretty. I just love those flowers. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Unknown said...

Such a pretty card, Maria! Those open flowers are exquisitely coloured, and as usual, I love that you 'finished' the inside too. Just lovely! So glad you could join us at CASology this week!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Joyce, I couldn't decide which way to go with the OPEN cue card but I'm glad I chose this image.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Hazel, I'm so glad I settled on this image. Finishing the inside of all my cards will save me lots of time when I mail them.
Playing at CASology really challenges me to learn more and more about the CAS style.

Tracey McNeely said...

Maria what a pretty card. Thank you for sharing with us at CASology!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you for stopping by, Tracey.