Followers

Sunday, November 8, 2015

Land of the Free.....Home of the Brave.....

Hello everyone: I just got the blog post notification for Addicted to CAS challenge with a theme of HERO for this week. Veteran's Day is around the corner so, we need to reflect and thank all of those brave Soldiers who have and still are, defending our Country.  As an Immigrant, I have a debt of gratitude to this Country, here my husband and I have forged a good future for our daughters and grandchildren and beyond. So, I couldn't pass the chance to use a couple of stamps sets have had for a while. Here is my card.

The Flag background stamp is from Our Daily Bread and it's called "Old Flag", I tried to get a link but the site seems to be temporarily unavailable. 
The other image is from Deep Red Stamps and it's called Band of Soldiers , I bought it a while ago through the Operation Write Home organization, who sent out hundreds and hundreds of hand made cards to our Troops overseas.  
Now, the OWH  stopped the project back in August of this year, mainly because the number of Service Members has dropped to a record low, which is great news so, like they said, more and more Soldiers are able to come home and communicate with their families across the dinner table instead of by mail. 
I sent just 2 boxes of cards to the OWH back in 2013 and 2014, so hopefully my cards brought smiles and comfort to the families of this brave and amazing Soldiers.
I stamped the Flag with Gray Stazon Ink onto a panel of Canson water color paper and I colored with the aqua painter and several washes of Night of Navy and Cherry Cobbler SU markers.
After it dried, I stamped the line of Soldiers with Stazon Jet Black ink on top.
The sentiment was printed on a piece of Vellum and I just added 3 little confetti stars in Red, White and Blue for a little bling.
Here is the Addicted to CAS code word.
Thank you for stopping by again, as you can probably suspect, I just love making cards and posting them on my little blog. It's a thrill for me when I read your comments.
Till next time, (maybe later?? LOL!!) happy stamping.
Hugs from Maria.
   

14 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Wow! Thank you for celebrating Veterans Day in this way! I have this Old Flag stamp and always have trouble stamping it, thank you for the tip on the Gray Stazon, that should help me! Proud Army National Guard Mom here and know that my son and many other service men and women are always at the ready to Serve their Country for you and me! Bless your Heart!

Sonny said...

I love your card and having been both a child of the military as well as a military wife it is very meaningful .
I really like the flag background with it`s softness and symbolism .
Great card !

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I'm so very grateful for your son Patti, it's men and women like him who keep this amazing Country beautiful and free.
Please thank him for me.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Sonny, for your Father's and Husband's service.
My husband and I are so very grateful to our adoptive Country, we've been American Citizens for over 20 years and proud of it.

Mary Fish said...

The flag background is fantastic.

anja curvers said...

Awesome background great idea. Thanks for joining us over at ATCAS.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Mary, this Flag image will be perfect for other Patriotic Holidays too.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Anja, I love the look of this "Old Flag".

Gerrina said...

That background looks perfect with the gray undertone! A really good take on the cueword! Thanks for joinin us at Addicted to CAS, Gerrina GDT

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Gerrina, this images were perfect for the cue word at Addicted to CAS, I always have fun playing along.

Deepti said...

So thoughtful! Love you awesome BG :) thank you for sharing with ATCAS!

Bhavana said...

The background looks fab.. it goes perfect with ATCAS - code ward. Thanks for sharing your card with us at ATCAS

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Deepti!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

Thank you Bhavana, the background stamp is truly beautiful.